Getting started with native multilingual web sites
You must complete the Getting Started guide in full to properly prepare your site for multilingual translation with Josetta®.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Install and configure languages
- Configure the Language Filter plug-in
- Create the required menus and menu items
- Display menu and language switch modules
- Complete the source language
Installation, Configuration & Usage
Migrating from Joomfish for Joomla 1.5
Users wishing to migrate their Joomfish translations from a Joomla 1.5 web site to Joomla 2.5 can use the Joomfish exporter.
The Manual includes the following topics:
- Exporting the JoomFish data
- Preparing Joomla 2.5 as a Multilingual Site
- Import the Joomfish data into Joomla 2.5
Any add-on that uses the native multilingual features of Joomla can be translated with Josetta®. Developers will only need to write a plugin to tell Josetta® what items to translate.
To facilitate the process of writing a Josetta® plugin, we have released a set of developer resources in our Public Downloads area that includes:
- Detailed Developer Guide
- Sample item plugin
- Sample K2 Categories plugin
- Sample K2 Item plugin