Sites using Joomla 1.5.11+ may experience the following error when users submit JCal Pro® events on the front-end:
Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /path/jcaltest/plugins/editors/none.php
The symptoms include:
- Only occurs to guests or registered users submitting events
- Only occurs on the front-end
- Does not occur on Joomla 1.5.10 and below
- Happes with all WYSIWYG editors, and also when editors are disabled
This error is caused by a conflict with new security features introduced in Joomla 1.5.11 that regulate what usergroups can upload images on the Joomla front-end. Users access the image upload features of Joomla using the 'Image' button (show at right) below the event description form displayed when adding JCal Pro® Events. When the 'Add Event' form loads, Joomla now checks wether or not the user has permission to use the upload features. Since the default usergroup that can access the upload features is 'Author', regsitered users and guests by default do not have the perission to use the upload feature, and this is what causes the error above.
To prevent this error, perform one of the following:
- Unpublish the 'Editor Button - Image' in the Joomla backend plugin manager (this will block all frontend uploads across your entire site, with the exception of third-party upload tools).
- Change the permissions of the 'Editor Button - Image' in the Joomla backend plugin manager from 'Public' to 'Special' (this will block all frontend uploads by registered users across your entire site, with the exception of third-party upload tools).
- Allow 'Registered Users' touse the upload features of Joomla. This task is completed in the back-end Joomla global configuration. Using the main menu in the backend, navigate to 'Site > Global Configuration' and then select the 'System' tab. In the 'Media Settings' area, locate the '