Follow the steps below to make a translation for JCal Pro® 2. Before starting, be sure to have a text/code editor installed that supports UTF-8.
- Install JCal Pro® 2
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the following directory on the server where your installed Joomla/JCal Pro® 2:
- Copy one of the existing sub-directories (for example, '/french/') to the desktop of your PC
- On the desktop, rename the folder from 'french' to the name of new language
- Open the new language folder and open 'index.php' using a UTF-8-compatible editor. Locate the '$lang_info' array on or about line 34
- Modify each parameter in the '$lang_info' array as appropriate. Importantly, you MUST complete the following:
- modify the 'nativename' parameter to the name of the language in the native language
- modify the 'locale' parameter to reflect the new language and the new language code. For example, change array('fr','french') to array('ja-JP','japanese') for a Japanese translation. The language naming convention [xx-XX] is made of [iso639 language code]-[iso3166 country code].
- Now translate the text strings from french (or whatever language you chose to duplicate) to the new language. HTML Entities should not be used. Accented characters should be entered normally.
- Save the file. Upload the entire directory containing your new langauge to the following location using your FTP client:
- Create a ZIP file containing your new language file. Post in the JCP2 forum taking care to attach the zip file to your post.