In many cases (and especially for sites with many events and/or multiple users), it is practical to create more than one JCal Pro® menu item, each with different sets of events being displayed.
Some examples include:
- different menu items linking directly to different JCal Pro® views (Monthly View, Weekly View, etc...)
- different menu items displaying events from different calendars
- different menu items displaying events from different categories
- a seperate menu item to display a users personal calendar (i.e. with only their private events)
- a seperate menu item for creating new events
To create a menu item override:
1. In the Joomla administrative back end, open the Menu Item Manager by selecting Menu > Main Menus the main menu.
2. At the top-right, select New from the Menu Item Manager toolbar.
3. Select JCal Pro® from the Menu Item Type list.
4. Choose your desired view. Options include Month View, Flat View, Week View, Day View, Category View, Search View, and Add New Event.
5. In the menu item parameters, give your menu item an appropriate title and specify any appropriate options (category, privacy, etc...) in the Parameters (Basic) slider. The following parameters can be specified:
- Start View - this feature has been replaced by the options in the previous step. Changes made here will not have any effect.
- Categories - Leave blank to display events from all categories. Insert a comma-seperated list of category IDs (as shown in the Category Manager) to display only events from only the specifed categories.
- Calendars - Leave blank to display events from all calendars. Insert a comma-seperated list of calendar IDs (as shown in the Calendar Manager) to display only events from only the specifed calendars.
- Show Private Events - Specifies how to handle the display of private and read-only private events. The following options are available:
- Show public and read-only private events (owner still sees private events)
- Do not show private events (even if owner)
- Show events user owns (even if not private; if logged in)
- Show only private events (if logged in)
6. Click the Save button at the top-right in the New Menu Item toolbar.