The following article should only be followed if you are currently using JCal Pro® 2.2.7 and greater. Please refer to the User Manual Table of Contents for other versions of JCal Pro®.
Upgrading JCal Pro® 2.2.7 and greater is a quick and simple process. Not only will all your events and settings be retained, but all instances and parameters of the Latest Events module, Mini-calendar module, Flex module, Editor plugin, Latest Events content plugin and JCal Pro® search plugin will also be retained.
Changes you may have made to JCal Pro® themeswill not be retained however, so
1. Download the latest versions of the JCal Pro® combined installer, the Flex module, the Editor Plugin and any premium themes that you will need.
2. Backup your Joomla site and database by standard means. An easy way we recommend for novice Joomla users is the excellent Akeeba extension.
3. (for live sites only) In the Joomla administrative backend, navigate to Site > Global Configuration. On the Site tab, enable Site Offline.
4. In the Joomla administrative backend, navigate to Extensions > Install/Uninstall.
5. Browse to the JCal Pro® combined installer downloaded above. Select Upload File & Install.
6. While remaining on the Install tab, Browse to the Flex module package downloaded above (Note: there is no need to uninstall the Flex module prior to updating.). Select Upload File & Install. Repeat for the Editor plugin.
7. Re-install any premium JCal Pro® themes using the JCal Pro® theme installer and reset the default theme as required. Manually re-apply any customizations to the theme.
8. (for live sites only) In the Joomla administrative backend, navigate to Site > Global Configuration. On the Site tab, disable Site Offline.
The upgrade process is now complete.