In JCal Pro®, each event is associated with exactly one calendar and one category. Upon installation, a default calendar and category are automatically created for your convenience.
Categories can be created, deleted and customized via the Category Manager:
1. Open the Categories Manager in the Joomla administrative back end by selecting Components > JCal Pro® > Manage Categories from the main menu.
2. To edit an existing category, click the category name, adjust the parameters, then click Save in the toolbar at the top-right. The following parameters are available:
- Category Name - insert a descriptive name of the calendar
- Category Description- insert a more detailed description of the caledar
- Color - Use the color picker or enter the appropriate hexidecimal color code (i.e.enter '#000000' for black) to specify the category color. Ths color will be used to easily identify events in different categories on the front end calendar views
- Category Permissions - select the Joomla usergroup that will have be able to view the events in this category
- Published - check to enable
3. To create a new category, click New in the toolbar at the top-right. Complete the New Category parameters as described in Step 2 then click Save in the toolbar.
4. To delete an existing category, select it using the checkbox at the left of the category name then click Delete in the toolbar at the top-right.
5. To publish/unpublish an existing category, select it using the checkbox at the left of the category name then click Publish or Unpublish in the toolbar at the top-right.
Note 1: Sites with events in multiple category may want to create multiple menu items that each displays events from just one category. This can be accomplished using menu item overrides.
Menu Items can point to all categories or a specific category by including the category item id in the menu item's parameters, separated by commas if multiple.