Upgrading or Installing JCal Pro® 3 is a quick and simple process. Not only will all your events and settings be retained, but all instances and parameters of the included modules, olugins and themes will also be upgraded and retained.
Changes you may have made to JCal Pro® themes will not be retained however, so please note any customizations you may have made to the default or a premium theme. I overrides are used this will not be an issue.
1. Download the latest versions of the JCal Pro® combined installer for your subcription.
2. Backup your Joomla site and database by standard means. An easy way we recommend for novice Joomla users is the excellent Akeeba extension.
3. (recommended for live sites only) In the Joomla administrative backend, navigate to Site > Global Configuration. On the Site tab, enable Site Offline.
4. In the Joomla administrative backend, navigate to Extensions > Install/Uninstall.
5. Browse to the JCal Pro® combined installer downloaded above. Select Upload File & Install.
6. (for live sites only) In the Joomla administrative backend, navigate to Site > Global Configuration. On the Site tab, disable Site Offline.
The install/upgrade process is now complete.