In JCal Pro® 3, each event is associated with a Primary Category and can also be associated to multiple Seconday Categories allowing for great flexibility in Access Levels and Calendar Views. Upon installation, atwo categories are automatically created for your convenience, you can change or delete these to suit your needs. More on how categories affect Access Levels and Permissions can be found in the Your First Event article
Categories can be created, deleted and customized via the Category Manager:
2. To edit an existing category, click the category name, adjust the parameters, then click Save in the toolbar at the top-right. The following parameters are available:
- Title - Enter a descriptive name of the Category
- Alias- The Alias will be used in the SEF URL. Leave this blank and Joomla will fill in a default value from the Title.
- Parent - Categories in JCal Pro® 3 can be nested the same way as Joomla's content categories. Choose the category's parent category for which this will be a sub-category (child), leave a -No Parent- to make this a top level category.
- Status- Select the publisdhing state of the category
- Published - The category and it's events will be visible to the user's that have viewing access to the category. (by default all public groups including anyone not logged in have viewing access, while registered users will have the ability to add events)
- Unpublished - the category and its events will not be displayed on the website calendar
- Archived - the category and its events will be visible only in archive mode, even if it is not yet passed
- Trashed - the category is moved to the trash folder
- Access - Select for what user group the category and its associated events are visible (Note it will also be visible to all groups nested under the selected group)
- Permissions - select the Joomla usergroup that will have be able to view the events in this category
- Language- Select the language under which the category is available for Joomla Multi-Lingual configurations.
- Description - Enter the full description of category to be displayed on the calendar.
- Created by - Select the user that 'own' the event. This will also determine where registration emails will be sent.
- Alternative Layout - Select a different layout from the supplied component view or overrides in the template
- Image - Select a representative image for the category
- Note - Enter a note for other admins
- Color - Select a color to represent this category in the legend and calendar using the color picker, or enter a html color code.
- Theme - Select a theme to use for displaying the category - premium themes are installed with the standard or higher subscription
- Event Form - Choose the Event creation form to use to create events under this category. See the Forms Manager for more details on creating forms.
- Registration Form - Choose the Registration Form to use to create events under this category. See the Forms Manager for more details on creating forms.
- Allow Event Registration - Set whether registrations may be generated for events under this category
- Category Description - Select whether to displat the category description field on the category.
- Meta Description - An optional paragraph to be used as the desciption of the page in the HTML output. This will generally display in the results of search engines.
- Meta Keywords - An optional comma-seperated list of keywords and/or phrases to be used in the HTML output.
- Author - The author of this content generated in the author meta info in the HTML output.
- Robots - Select how robots are directed in the html of the page.
4. To delete an existing category, select it using the checkbox at the left of the category name then click Delete in the toolbar at the top-right.
5. To publish/unpublish an existing category, select it using the checkbox at the left of the category name then click Publish or Unpublish in the toolbar at the top-right.